Saturday, December 29, 2012

Camera Critters #247

On Christmas Day, a friend of mine called and asked if I was doing anything and then invited me to spend the day with him and his family.

Knowing he lives in the Ochoco Mountains north of Prineville, Oregon, I said okay.  Before I headed out to his place, I checked my camera…charged batteries…empty SD card…good lens…spare batteries…all were okay and I was ready to go.

When I arrived at his place, the first thing I noticed was about a dozen Mule Deer eating out of some buckets around his house.  Naturally, the deer scattered as I got out of the vehicle, which was when I realized the two inches of snow I got 30 west of there and 2,000 feet lower, was nothing compared to the foot that had fallen at my friend’s place, and was still falling.

As I walked up to his door, I noticed a group of Dark-eyed Juncos in a nearby bush.  Of course, I raised my camera and began snapping away.  There wasn't much light at the time, but I was still able to get a photo of what is nicknamed, “Snow Birds.”


Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.


Misty DawnS said...

They sure to blend in well. Mother Nature creates great camo!

lina@happy family said...

I enlarge the pic to see them clearly. Lovely birds.

Kerry said...

They are beautiful birds

DeniseinVA said...

That's a great photo especially when enlarged. Happy New Year!

Shirley said...

I love the Dark Eyed Junco's..and I have never seen so many in one place..stunning shot!

Pat said...

I love these cute little birds!

Marie said...

Lovely photo!

Visiting via Camera Critter :-)

Pia said...

You made me laugh. To get the camera ready is always the top one point on the to do list when it comes to go for a trip :-)
Happy New Year!