Saturday, July 20, 2013

Camera Critters #276

I’ve gone to an area near where I live which I call “Lizard Lands” a number of times lately.  Each time I was unable to find a reptile of any type.

A couple of days ago, I found out why…a feral cat is hanging out in the area. 

So, I decided to walk the other side of the canyon and guess what I found!


It’s a juvenile Side-blotched Lizard.  It stuck around long enough for me to get a couple of photos and then it disappeared into the rocks.

Lucky for it, the cat hasn’t found his hiding place.

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.


eileeninmd said...

Cool lizard, they are always neat to see! Great shot!

Misty DawnS said...

How interesting. I guess I wouldn't have thought about a cat being around causing them all to change their habits.
P.S. You know I love the lizards :-)

Kaya said...

A beautiful lizard! Yes, he is lucky that a cat hasn't found him.

Excellent picture of this little creature!

Pat said...

Lizards are fascinating creatures. Nice shot of this juvenile. said...

Excellent shot ~ fascinating critter ~ ^_^