Saturday, May 19, 2012

Camera Critters #215

One of my favorite birds in this area, is the Yellow-headed Blackbird.

Their bright and dark colors contrasting in the sunlight, make them a sight to see.

A week ago, I went to Fireman’s Pond to check on dragonflies.  I was lucky enough to see my first of the season.  However, I came across a fearless blackbird at the same time.

This guy was ten feet away from me, watching every move I made.  As I began shooting images of him, he began singing.  Well, what the Yellow-headed Blackbird considers singing.  Hear its voice here.

IMG_2147a

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so beautiful! i'd love to see one of these in real life!

Misty DawnS said...

This photo is awesome! What a gorgeous bird.

Jessica Cassidy said...

what a beautiful bird :-) is she singing? Dropping by from Camera Critters

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous capture of the Yellowheaded blackbird.

DeniseinVA said...

He's a beauty! I never knew there was such a thing as a Yellowheaded blackbird. Thanks for sharing it.

Maude Lynn said...

What a beautiful bird!

Pia said...

Oh lucky you that he starts singing when he realized to be in your focus. Most time birds are up and away.
And he is singing very nice!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful bird! Lucky he was singing his song for you.