Saturday, December 24, 2011

Camera Critter #194

As a kid, there were two kinds of butterflies I remember.  The Monarch Butterfly and the Eastern Swallowtail Butterfly. 

For the longest time, those were the only ones I knew.  Then along came white butterflies and yellow butterflies.  However, I still wasn’t paying much attention to the Lepidoptera around me.

Then, a number of years ago, I began photographing the little flying creatures.  It didn’t take me long to realize there were a lot more colorful butterflies than I had previous thought.

One of my favorites these days are the blues.

CRW_0162

-CRW_2123

CRW_9159a

CRW_9171

CRW_9259

Untitled

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

5 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

I like the blues too! They are so tiny, yet so beautiful when you really 'see' them!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely captures, the colors are beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

ohhh gorgeous captures... love the spring of these shots... i know winter just started, but i can't wait til spring! =)

Teresa said...

They are beautiful, and you've done a wonderful job capturing them.

Pat said...

Beautiful captures!