Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camera Critters Meme No. 14

A week or so ago, I was at one of my favorite places in Oregon...the 7,950 foot or so summit of Newberry volcano. You can see photos of that trip on my Flickr page.

Seven years, I was also at that spot. During that trip, I fired off some shots with my old Sony Mavica FD-91 camera.

One of the things I wanted to accomplish during the recent trip was to duplicate the shots I took during the 2001 trip.

For the most part, I was able to trade my low resolution images with higher and better images which made me happy.

However, there was one shot I wasn't able to duplicate. At the right spot, I waited and waited for the scene to duplicate itself. But alas, my traveling party wanted to go elsewhere and I didn't see the scene repeat.

So, rather than display a higher resolution and better quality image for this week's Camera Critters Meme, I'll show you a low res, okay quality image of a Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel sitting on a rock at the 7,949 foot high peak of Paulina Peak located within the Newberry National Volcanic Monument of central Oregon.


I earlier called this critter a Belding Ground Squirrel. Sure was a senior moment there..hehehe.

13 comments:

Reader Wil said...

That's a great squirrel sitting very high! He has a splendid view over the country!

Misty DawnS said...

I LOVE it! I have some shots from the ol' floppy disk monster cam too which I wish were better quality, but can't stand to part with them.

Kahshe Cottager said...

My .. they look very much like our chipmunks! (I posted one a couple of CCs ago) I think they are very cute, but I think I heard that they are considered a pest in some parts of the US.

My Camera Critter

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Looks like a beautiful place to visit. I'll add to my list.

Cath said...

Beautiful. What a shot. Those sort of moments don't repeat do they? Glad yo got it - whatever the resolution.
Mine's up too.

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks like he has a great view!

I played too :)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ash: Cool shot of the ground squirrel on the mountain.

Jane Hards Photography said...

That's so cute. t the critter that counts, not the res. You got him fine.

b13 said...

That is some view he has. I'm jealous!

ratmammy said...

great photo! he looks like he's thinking!

Mom Knows Everything said...

That's a cute picture!

Gretchen said...

What a super scene!

i beati said...

What a fantastic photo from that panoramo just so enjoyable