Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camera Critter Meme #16

One of my favorite critters to shoot is one of the busiest in world. So for this week's Camera Critter Meme, I'm showcasing a recent photo of one of them.

They never seem to sit still long enough to allow their portrait to be taken. They fly from flower to flower looking for anything they like and sometimes return to the same spot over and over again.

In the Pacific Northwest, there are many species of bees. This bumblebee is one of five different types I found in the small area of wildflower near Tumalo Falls west of Bend, Oregon.

14 comments:

Juliana said...

wow...what a nice timing to shot

Mine in here Thanks

Anonymous said...

great shot...

Hope you can Visit me also Thanks

i beati said...

There's a real theme here today - nice one sandy

ratmammy said...

a great photo!

Carletta said...

They are 'busy as bees'!
I tried getting one on my Rose of Sharon bush -pft- busy. :)

This is a great capture - well done!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ash: A bumble in flight, nicely captured.

Rhea said...

What a funky looking bee! Nice shot!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Perfect timing. Hard enough to get still but in motion and so sharp is fantastic.

Misty DawnS said...

As you already know (cuz I'm lucky enough to get a special sneak preview of the wonderful world of Bear photography), I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shot! Yes, it helps that said Mr. Bumbly-Bee is on his way to a PURPLE flower... hehehe Dang smart bee :-)

Christy said...

Very nicely done. I recently, well I guess two months ago now, went bee stalking. I got a few nice pics not what I really wanted but still nice pics of the bee. In my pic I believe it is the same flower as in yours. Kind of weird to open your page and see an image so closely related to one of my own. Very cool though.

Gretchen said...

Good catch! You can almost see his wings beating!

Roan said...

In mid-flight. Great shot!

AppleDebbie said...

I love the detail in this shot. It looks like Mr. Bee is wearing a fuzzy jacket. Great photo!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great shot of the Bee. Hey i was wanting to go to Tumalo Falls last week but never made it. I am going to hopefully this week.