Saturday, May 17, 2008

Camera Critter Sunday No. 6

I like to tell people when they see me with my camera, that I shoot anything that flies, crawls or walks on more four legs or more. And I do...

I don't shoot people, but I shoot birds, bugs, butterflies, bees, beetles and many other things, including aircraft.

But this is a Camera Critter Meme and I gots lots of critters I can highlight.

Today, however, I am going with a butterfly. It is one my favorite butterfly shots. It is called a California Tortoiseshell and is common in the high desert of central Oregon. I hope you like.


13 comments:

i beati said...

very lovely

Juliana RW said...

beautiful butterfly..

Will you visit mine Thanks

Anonymous said...

great shot

Hope you visit mine too Thanks

ratmammy said...

Beautiful photo!

Misty DawnS said...

OK - you probably get sick of hearing this from me (almost daily) but I LOVE this!!!!!! I LOVE it! It is SO cool how we are able to share photos with each other in this friendship that the other wouldn't normally get to see... yes, yes, I realize you do ALL the work to identify all our critters with the proper names - and I give you ALL the credit for that. However - I don't see what the issue is really... what's wrong with "that pretty orange butterfly with all the markings" or "that awesome cool blue lizard which is my favorite" or "that orange bird with the black wings"... OK, fine we'll use the names YOU come up with ;-)

Ashrunner said...

Maybe I should wait to hear your name before I identify them 8v)

Jane Hards Photography said...

That's a fabulous close up. Butterflies are so hard to capture.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great photo of the butterfly

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

beautiful shot of the butterfly ~ great critter

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ash: Very nice butterfly photo.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Very pretty! I haven't seen any butterflies where I live yet. :o(

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shot, Ashrunner! I love the edges of the wings, all of the scalloping. And I never heard that there is a central high desert in Oregon! Fascinating.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Beautiful butterfly, great capture. They can be so elusive.