Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camera Critters #272

I live in the middle of town…almost.  I think I’m a couple of blocks from the geographic center, but I am close enough to say I live in the middle of town.

Last night (Thursday night, Friday morning), I woke to a strange sound…one I hadn’t heard since I moved from outside of town to where I live now.

It was the howl of Coyotes.

I can only guess the critters were in the dry canyon, which is a couple of blocks north of where I live.

Although the photo below is of a coyote, it probably isn’t one I heard howling.  This image was taken a number of years ago while I was walking the grounds of the old golf course just west of town.


Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.


eileeninmd said...

Cool sighting of the coyote! Great shot!

Misty DawnS said...

This is a fantastic photo! Much better than any photo I've got of a coyote!

Frank said...

Nice one. I hope it didn't keep you awake for too long!

Carol L McKenna said...

Great capture of one of nature's gems .


I love to listen to the coyotes!!! Such a melancholy feeling comes over me. We used to have them within a couple blocks where I lived in Tucson. I've only seen ONE in the decade here in Texas tho.

Monica said...

Wow,- a coyote.... very exotic to me , living in Norway!

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

What a beautiful critter!