Saturday, May 25, 2013

Camera Critters #268

During my walking safaris around town, I often see smaller birds harassing larger birds…Robin diving on Crows…Crows diving on Ravens…that sort of thing.  And every time I attempt to photograph what I see. The images always turn out to look like two birds flying close to each other.

However, while out on a walk earlier this week, I came across Ravens harassing a couple of Red-tailed Hawks.  I stopped and began putting what I was seeing on my SD card, all the while thinking, “I’m probably not going to get anything worth anything.”

But this time, the photo gods were with me.  Although the image isn’t in good focus (I was pointing the camera almost straight up at the time and wanting to fall backwards), I could still seeing the value in the image.

IMG_0672a
Raven harassing Red-tail Hawk
Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

5 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

It really is a fantastic image! Super awesome!

FAB said...

It's never easy to capture these moments, so well done.

Snap said...

Wonderful! I didn't have my camera anywhere near when I went out the front door and saw a mockingbird chasing a hawk ... and mocking all the way. Sure glad your got this moment! Happy Critter Day!

Shey said...

How cool! It's always fascinating to watch birds to that. Nice flight captures!

Pia said...

I love to watch small birds harassing the bigger ones. I got some photos like this this week and nearly broke my neck.
I see the value, really!