Saturday, March 23, 2013

Camera Critters #259

Several months ago, I did one of my favorite things…I grabbed my camera and went for a walk.  It was a nice winter day with no sun, which I like because I don’t have to worry about shadows.

As I walked by a roadway which dived down into the dry canyon which runs through town, I noticed a flock of small birds flitting about halfway down the road.  So I headed in that direction.

As I stood watching the small, gray birds fly from here to there, I raised my camera and began shooting images.

I shot a total of about 40 images and the one below is the best of group.  It shows a female Bushtit.  How do I know it is a female?  The bird has yellow eyes.

IMG_8618a

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

They are cute birds, great capture!

Misty DawnS said...

So only the female has yellow eyes? How interesting!

Nancy said...

Amazing catch and love it when I learn something new!

Cheryl said...

Sweet shot and those eyes are really something special.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely photo!

genie said...

If speaking to my delinquents in the "cellblock" at our middle school school, I would have to be VERY careful in my pronunciation of this name. Those kids can distort about anything I say. and would burst into laughter and snickers. Love the shot. It is so "real life in nature" looking. genie

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely capture!