Saturday, February 16, 2013

Camera Critters #254

It was Feb. 14, 2013…Valentine’s Day…and one of the loves of my life appeared.  It was earliest I had seen any of these wonderful creatures.

It was a juvenile Side-blotched Lizard.  This critter wasn’t but about three inches long from nose to tip of tail, but it was still a nice find for me.

IMG_9503

The Side-blotched Lizard is common in my area, but normally I only see the reptiles with orange spots on them.  This little fellow appears to have blue spots along the back, but also what appears orange on its sides.  It would be interesting if it was blue on top, orange on the sides, but I think it will develop one spot color as it matures.

IMG_9500

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cool looking lizard, great shots!

Misty DawnS said...

Maybe its mommy was hanging out with a Fence Lizard... hmmmm

lina@happy family said...

The second pic is awesome!

Jackie said...

I think some of us are in for an early Spring. Your find and great shot is yet another indicator!

I saw turtles sunning and a few butterflies out this weekend. They usually don't get here until March!

Great picture of this cute little guy!

Have a good week! :-)

Shey said...

I always get excited when I spot lizards, it's hard to capture them since they are quick. Well done!

Pat said...

Cute little lizard - great shots!

Unknown said...

Beautiful lizzard!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like lizards and it's a good thing, cuz there are a lot of em here in Florida...we used to live in Eugene...your part of Oregon is different but we used to spend a lot of time around there too. thanks for the memories (and the cute little lizard).

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! At last I got a webpage from where I
can truly obtain helpful data regarding
my study and knowledge.

Feel free to visit my web site; safe diets
My web site > diet plans that work