Saturday, January 26, 2013

Camera Critters #251

A week or so ago, I walked along a portion of the Dry Canyon Trail in Redmond, Oregon, which I don’t often travel.  It was the second time in 10 days I was in that area.

The first time I came across a nicely posing bird (which you will see next week here if I don’t find something else to show) I have few photos of, but the second time I traveled the trail, I came across a bird I have few photos of and no photo I consider good…that includes this one.

The bird is a Prairie Falcon, something I have never seen in town.

IMG_9237

This photo is not that bad and would have been a good one had the light been directly on the bird.  However, fence lines and distance prevented me from getting a better image.  And moments after this image was taken, the bird flew and disappeared to the north.

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

7 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

It's awesome to get photos of something you rarely see, let alone don't have many photos of!!!

Jackie said...

I love birds and this is a great find and wonderful capture!

I have not gotten a shot of a Falcon yet that I know of.

I hope you have a great weekend!

lina@happy family said...

Awesome bird shot!

Lea said...

I love bird photos!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

DeniseinVA said...

Such a beauty!

Jidhu Jose said...

nice shot of Falcon

Chameleon

Unknown said...

Handsome bird!