Saturday, January 26, 2013

Camera Critters #251

A week or so ago, I walked along a portion of the Dry Canyon Trail in Redmond, Oregon, which I don’t often travel.  It was the second time in 10 days I was in that area.

The first time I came across a nicely posing bird (which you will see next week here if I don’t find something else to show) I have few photos of, but the second time I traveled the trail, I came across a bird I have few photos of and no photo I consider good…that includes this one.

The bird is a Prairie Falcon, something I have never seen in town.


This photo is not that bad and would have been a good one had the light been directly on the bird.  However, fence lines and distance prevented me from getting a better image.  And moments after this image was taken, the bird flew and disappeared to the north.

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.


Misty DawnS said...

It's awesome to get photos of something you rarely see, let alone don't have many photos of!!!

Jackie said...

I love birds and this is a great find and wonderful capture!

I have not gotten a shot of a Falcon yet that I know of.

I hope you have a great weekend!

lina@happy family said...

Awesome bird shot!

Lea said...

I love bird photos!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Lea's Menagerie

DeniseinVA said...

Such a beauty!

Jidhu Jose said...

nice shot of Falcon


Mama Zen said...

Gorgeous bird!

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Handsome bird!