Saturday, August 11, 2012

Camera Critters #227

The other day, I walked out of my door and suddenly ducked my head and almost lost my balance.

Right in front of me, suspended at the height of my eyes, was a small, beige critter.  After I regained my composure, I went into the house, got my camera and close up lens and took a photo.

After a short search, I found the critter…it’s an Apple Maggot larvae, also known as an apple worm.

IMG_5171

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

5 comments:

Roan said...

Very nice critter find. I would have probably walked right into him and then had a meltdown when the squiggly thing landed on my nose.

Misty DawnS said...

Hehe sometimes the critters just come to us and demand attention!

Pat said...

Nice capture of this little critter!

Powell River Books said...

Probably not a good critter for an apple tree. We had millions of tent caterpillars in our alder trees this year. - Margy

Maude Lynn said...

Cool capture!