Saturday, June 9, 2012

Camera Critters #218

The Two-tailed Swallowtail or if you prefer, Papilio multicaudata, is a common butterfly in this area.  They are very large butterflies with a wingspan about four inches.

I always try to get a photo of one when I see one.  A photo I took of a Two-tailed Swallowtail several years ago, was my first reference book published image.  You see it here.

When the “first seen” of the year arrived the other day, I had my camera ready.

IMG_3527

Misty Dawn’s Camera Critter Meme is a great way see critters the world over. Go to the homepage here to see more. Then join the fun and add your own.

2 comments:

Betty Roan said...

The butterflies are out in force. Nice capture!
Rubbish By Roan

Misty Dawn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What's that purple flower??? It's so awesome that you were published in a reference book!